Thursday, August 27, 2009

I AM A DIGITAL NATIVE

i can confidently say that i am a digital native.  I grew up with digital technology all around me.  Beginning at a very young age i found myself fascinated with technology, more specifically the internet.  The first experience i can remember with digital technology was playing a computer game on my Macintosh computer.  The game consisted of shooting rows of aliens before they destroyed your "spaceship."  Yes, the game was primitive compared to the games of present day computer gaming (mind you this was in the early 90's).  As i grew up and as technology evolved and grew just as fast as i did, i remember my first encounter with the Internet.  It was dial up AOL.  I quickly became obsessed with Instant Messaging.

This was only the beginning of my digital social life.  Soon after AOL and IMing came the cell phones with text messaging, then the ipods, and eventually leading into the great world of social networking sites like MySPace and Facebook.

Who knows what the future has in store for us.  As the years go on, will it be harder for people to NOT be digital natives?

No comments:

Post a Comment